Fighting To Keep Families Together

At the Law Office of Isaias Torres, our No. 1 priority is bringing and keeping family members together. Our attorneys work with you and your family to navigate every step of the process to become a permanent resident. We are committed to helping you understand your rights and overcome the challenges that separated families face. Our experience, determination and skill allow us to successfully fight for our clients.

Seeking Family-Based Immigration Visas

If you or a loved one has lawful permanent resident status in the United States, you may sponsor other family members and help them obtain permanent residency.

We work with all family-based visas, including:

  • IR-1 visa: spouse of a U.S. citizen
  • IR-2 visa: unmarried child under 21 years of age
  • IR-3 visa: orphan adopted by a U.S. citizen
  • IR-4 visa: orphan to be adopted in the U.S. by a U.S. citizen
  • IR-5 visa: parent of a U.S. citizen who is at least 21 years old
  • F-1 visa: unmarried sons or daughters of a U.S. citizen and their minor children
  • F-2 visa: spouses, minor children and unmarried sons and daughters of a legal permanent resident
  • F-3 visa: married sons and daughters of a U.S. citizen and their spouses or minor children
  • F-4 visa: siblings of a U.S. citizen of at least 21 years of age, and their spouses or minor children

Whether you are a U.S. citizen, a permanent resident, visa holder or asylee, you have the option to sponsor a family member.

Assisting Individuals Under DACA, 245(i) And WHPD

We also work with individuals who are eligible for an adjustment of status using a 245(i) petition. In order to qualify, a petition must have been filed before April 30, 2001, and you must have been present in the U.S. on December 21, 2000. If you filed before January 14, 1998, the physical presence requirement may be waived as long as the petition followed the guidelines and qualifications at the time of filing.

If you were an eligible immigrant in 1977, or are the child or spouse of an eligible immigrant, we can help you legalize your status under the Western Hemisphere Priority Date regulations.

Advocating For Your Entire Family

If you need an immigration lawyer to help you reunite your family, email us today. Call 713-624-1040 to set up a consultation at our Houston, Texas-based office. Don't be afraid of the process. We will answer your questions and advise you of your options. Let us help you obtain legal residency for your family.