Assisting Individuals With Temporary Visas

For individuals wishing to enter the United States temporarily, it is vital to work with an experienced attorney to help you understand your options. When visiting the U.S. for vacation, temporary business or medical attention, you will likely be required to obtain a nonimmigrant visa.

This is a temporary visa that allows you to travel within the U.S. for a set duration and for a specified purpose. At the Law Office of Isaias Torres, we will help you understand your rights and guide you through any status changes regarding your nonimmigrant visa.

Comprehensive Nonimmigrant Visa Assistance

In order to obtain a nonimmigrant visa, you must apply with either the U.S. Embassy or the consulate office of your home country. The consular office will need to see evidence that your ties to your home country are strong enough that you will leave the U.S. by the date in which your temporary visa is set to expire.

Common types of nonimmigrant visas include:

  • Temporary workers: H, L, E, TN, O, P, R visas
  • Visitors: B visas
  • Students: F, M visas
  • Spouses, children and fiancé(e): K visas

You must file for your nonimmigrant visa prior to entering the United States. If you are already in the U.S. on a valid visa, you can apply for a change in status. An experienced lawyer can answer your questions and guide you through the status change process.

Detailed, Thorough And Committed

If you are a nonimmigrant visa holder and wish to extend your stay, contact us at our Houston office today. You must seek permission from United States Citizenship and Immigration Services before the expiration date on your I-94 card.

If you have questions regarding temporary visas, call our office at 713-624-1040. We proudly serve individuals and families throughout Houston, Texas.